1.800.THE FIRM | 1.800.843.3476
The Cochran Firm Legal Blog
With Office Locations Nationwide
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Nicotine Lozenge Recall
posted by Admin at 10:23 AM
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Wage Theft Lawsuits on the Rise
posted by Admin at 7:07 AM
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
When is the Federal Government Involved in a Criminal Case?
- Terrorist threats (which are often made using communication lines that cross state borders)
- Drug-related crimes
posted by Admin at 6:46 AM
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Are White Collar Criminal Offenses Minor?
posted by Admin at 6:45 AM
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
NHTSA Bike Safety Tips
- Drivers should signal their turns and drive predictably
- Drivers should always treat bicycles as other vehicles and give them enough room
- Both drivers and bicyclists should turn off cell phones
- Bicyclists should not use headphones to listen to music while riding
- Bicyclists should always drive on the right side of the road
- Bicyclists should make an extra effort to be visible by wearing bright colors and reflective devices
posted by Admin at 6:43 AM
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Is a Bad Result Automatically Medical Malpractice?
Labels: Medical Malpractice
posted by Admin at 6:42 AM
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
What Are Grounds for Appeal in a Criminal Case?
You can visit our criminal process page for more information about the legal system, but it's important to understand what an appeal is not. It isn't:
forum to introduce new evidence
Instead, a criminal case appeal relies on specific procedural grounds. You must argue that some element of the original trial was improperly conducted on either Constitutional or statutory grounds. Common disputes cited in an appeal include:
admitted in violation of the law
The Cochran Firm's defense attorneys will be vigilant in protecting your rights. If we believe anything improper has happened at trial and that the impropriety affected the result, we will vigorously pursue an appeal on your behalf.
If you need an experienced defense attorney, please contact The Cochran Firm today for a free consultation.
posted by Admin at 10:49 AM
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Products
- Criminal Defense
- Social Security
- Other Practice Areas