Free Consultation

Office Locations

The Cochran Firm Legal Blog

With Office Locations Nationwide

Friday, May 17, 2013

How Long do I Have to Report an Accident to my Employer?

Because the US does not have a uniform system of workers’ compensation or personal injury litigation, laws and regulations will vary state-to-state. How long you have before you must report an injury to your employer depends on where you live.

The best advice we can give to anyone who has suffered an injury while on-the-job is to report your injury as soon as possible, then speak with a personal injury lawyer. Speed is of the essence.

However, 30 days is often a useful guideline for workers’ compensation laws. Your state might give you more time, but there’s little to be gained from waiting longer.

 Because Cochran Firm is a national firm, our personal injury lawyers are able to help injured workers throughout the country. Our attorneys will know the workers’ compensation laws in your states and help guide you through the process.

That’s why it’s so important to speak with a personal injury lawyer with experience in workplace accidents, even if you don’t intent to file suit and just want to deal with the workers’ compensation system.

We can help you navigate these complicated waters and make sure you meet all the deadlines.

If you’re looking for an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you after your workplace accident, please contact The Cochran Firm today for a free consultation.

posted by Admin at 9:25 AM

1.800.THE FIRM | 1.800.843.3476

The Cochran Firm handles Civil Litigation and Criminal Defense claims for clients throughout the United States of America. The information on this website does not constitute legal advice nor form an attorney-client relationship.Please contact The Cochran Firm today to schedule a free consultation.

Site Design, Development and Optimization by Page 1 Solutions | © - | Disclaimer